Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

14 March 2005

This is the sound of settling.

You know how you feel when you've just moved into a new house and it's the next day and everything's still in boxes and none of the windows have curtains on them and you move from room to room in an altered state, floating awkwardly a quarter-inch above the ground? Well, that's me. I'm not yet out of the old digs, nor do I yet really know my way around the new place. But this is where I'll be, when I'm here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hello said...

Are you the "asshole" trying to give horrible love advice to people who don't even date nor care about love? If this is you, next time you want to comment on a blog here are some steps...Step one: read before you comment. Step two: if you comment know what the hell you're talking about. These are really obvious steps and yet you somehow managed to skipped them hahaha yay for you.

Next time keep your 1 cent.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

Wow. Um. So that last comment was, I believe, from the proprietress of a random blog that I randomly came across one night, which was essentially a series of bitter, cynical rants about how shallow men are and how the only way to get anywhere with them is to manipulate them within an inch of their lives. Standard Cosmogirl stuff. Pisses me off, so I offered an alternate point of view: that stereotypical views of men tend to be self-fulfilling prophecies, and that it's usually a good idea to be the sort of person you want to attract.

Apparently I touched a nerve, eh?

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home