Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

25 March 2005

We slide from top to bottom, then we turn and climb again.

Good Friday indeed.

(Sorry about the crucifixion thing, Jesus. If it still bothers you,
that is -- you're probably way over it by now. If you actually were
crucified, that is -- it's probably just a metaphor for something
different, used to co-opt the pagan spring rituals à la Xmas. If you
even existed at all, that is -- debatable, considering the extensive
political revisions that the Bible underwent long before King James
entered the picture. But if I'm wrong about all of that, then it was
a shitty thing they did to you, and I'm sorry.)

(Good Friday? Isn't that kind of a sick, twisted name
for the anniversary of a crucifixion? Never been able to figure that
one out.)

Good Friday for me, anyway, in a non-ironical way, because I get a
break from teaching for nine days. And boy howdy, am I ready. I'ma
do some mad sleepin' in, yo. (Wow, did I really just switch accents
from cracker to OG in the space of two sentences? Word.) I'm looking
forward to spending lots of time with my daughter and my wife, seeing
friends I haven't seen in way too long, planting flower bulbs outside
the kitchen window, and watching hella movies. Of course, I've got
lots of papers to grade and various other hellish teaching-related
tasks to accomplish as well, but I'm not going to think about that
just now.

Full moon tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home