Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

31 July 2005

The elephant sneezed and fell on his knees.

Determine what the following four items have in common and win! Something. Probably.

1. These Japanese public service adverts about smoking are almost too good to be true.

2. I honestly can't decide if Stuff On My Cat is wonderful or horrible.

3. "His name is Robert Paulsen." No, wait, it's Jerome Mason, but he appears to be built similarly. If you missed the reference, you'd better watch this as soon as possible.

4. We went to the Sonoma County Fair; the birds and the beasts were there. So were way too many florid, mouth-breathing rednecks for my taste, but I'm just a grumpus. The Bourgea women had a great time. Particularly Genevieve, who went on her Very First Pony Ride. Note the equestrian aplomb.


7 Comments:

Blogger Slimbolala said...

They all have an 's'. Did I win? Did I? Did I? Oooh, I hope it's a pony ride! Pleeeeeeaaze.

Actually, I'm rather confused (though enjoyably so). Will there be an explanation?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they all... compelling?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

Slimbolala: the connection isn't totally obvious? Really? With the smoking and the cats and the male breasts and the pony ride? Wow. I don't know how I can make it any clearer than it already is, man.

Fred: it depends on what the compulsion is, doesn't it?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Slimbolala said...

Ooh, ooh, I've got it now! The dream I had the other night! But how did you know?

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it your own cumpulsions, perhaps? Looking at breasts, smoking (even though you are polite), putting things on your cat, and finding new talents in your lovely daughter? But hey! You don't even have a cat... or do you?

Argh!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

It's true, Fred, I do like to take a gander at boobs now and again. And again. But of the female variety only. Boy-boobs leave me jibbly. And: I quit smoking recently, not for the first time and almost certainly not the last. And: I don't have a cat, but I do have two dogs, and my lovely daughter enjoys putting things on them on a regular basis; tonight it was spaghetti.

Nice try, but I'm afraid Slimbolala wins the contest. It was all based on his dream. Or the parts of his dream that are suitable for public consumption, anyway.

Hey, Slimbo! Whatchoo doin' dreamin' 'bout my daughter, anyway?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

I almost forgot: the prize is a lifetime supply of canned creamed corn. Probably. But you never know.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home