Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

04 August 2005

Pitchers of liquors and milk.

I just posted a new entry to StickYbloG about the new Decemberists album, but it's not a review so much as it is a list. Of all the three-syllable words on the album. Why? Well, the album is called "Picaresque", which is three syllables; but more to the point, the Decemberists like to use multisyllabic words (or pronounce words like they're multisyllabic) for maximum I've-been-to-college effect, and tra-la-la, I like that.

I also like this Pound-Eliot Sestina over at McSweeney's, which really makes the most of its homonyms.

I also like Girls Are Pretty, a whole lot, because, man: to be that creative and that weird on a daily basis is awesome. I'm quite fond of August 1, Rowboat Race Day!

It's always exciting when someone I don't actually know in person reads Ipecac Aperitif and comments on it, repeatedly, and then turns out to have a very cool site of his own. Slimbolala, whoever you are, I salute you. Particularly your excellent illustrations, like the one about tranquility, which is just what my recent 6-year-anniversary baby-free overnight retreat with the missus involved, although I'm pretty sure it didn't look anything like this picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slimbolala said...

Thank you. And I should hope not.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home