Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

04 November 2005

For poop! For poop!

We've still got a couple of months to go, but as of this writing, Miranda July's Me and You and Everyone We Know is the best movie of the year in my book. Wouldn't have guessed. My previous experience with Ms. July was her spoken-word album The Binet-Simon Test, gifted to me by the folks at SignalStation. It's interesting, creative, unpleasant, somewhat pedantically intense stuff that's worth listening to once, or maybe twice, but probably not more than that. But wow, this movie -- totally awesome. Made my mind bloom with possibilities. Rare and beautiful and really funny.

I watched it last night in spite of the intermittent super-gnarly headaches I got from my glasses, which broke earlier this week (second time within a month). "Intermittent super-gnarly headaches. Boom." Now repeat that five or six times. Isn't that fun? Anyway, I haven't been able to work for the last couple of days. I've been wishing I was a bear or a dog or something, a scent-oriented creature. But no. 10 or 20 minutes of vision at a stretch before the pain gets unbearable, then 30 minutes lying down with an eyepillow. Ick ack uck No.

The part I need (a new stem on the left side) should be coming in today. I hope.

I want laser eye surgery for Christmas.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what was g for halloween??? ive been waiting for pictures! -- elyzabeth

3:44 PM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

Here they come!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! fwiw Miranda July claimed Portland as her home for a spell...

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh. My wife and I saw "Me and You et al" the same week as we saw "Happy Endings", and we are in full agreement that the latter is a better movie. Not that we didn't enjoy the former.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Felix Helix said...

Well, I haven't seen "Happy Endings". I guess I'd better, eh?

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home