Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

23 March 2006

R.I.P.

I have been exhausted and overwhelmed by work for a while now, and my emotional landscape is treacherously rocky. When I heard that Kumar Lewis was murdered in Kenya last week, it hit me hard, really hard, despite the fact that I haven't thought about Kumar more than twice in the last 14 years.

Most of what I have to say has been said already by Wes, with more eloquence than I could muster at this point. Just substitute "Brighton Beach Memoirs" for "Pippin", and that's me too. Kumar was such a generous man. I didn't know him well. I love him. I miss him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean it spills out of its container when you hold it upside down while you're struggling with your umbrella and trying to keep the wind from lifting your skirt and exposing your undergarments?

Dude, you pegged it. That's so what I'm going through right now.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home