Name:
Location: St. Vincent & Grenadines

You were driving home in the dark on one glass-slippered heel, window sliced open and bathing in the snowliquor of the night air. We heard you singing, and couldn't bear to wake you.

26 July 2006

Like a boxer throat-punching a waffle.

Some things I'm into:

Anthropomorphism at its finest, scriven by one of my very favorite essayists.

The Arcade Fire. You needn't know anything about them to dig this gorgeous website, but if that's the case then holy hell, man, are you in for a lucky surprise. I've got a big, big crush on this band. I want to ask them to ditch the prom with me and go wander the tops of multilevel parking lots at midnight.

Reading Roger Ebert trash M. Night Shamalayayalmananalamanadan's "Lady In The Water". I know it's generally not a good idea to enjoy the badmouthing of a work of art you haven't seen and don't intend to see -- that's generally the bailiwick of social conservatives, of whom I am most assuredly not one -- but come on. Narf? When the word you invent to designate a supernatural babe who lives in water happens to be the same word used as an all-purpose interjection by a mentally retarded cartoon mouse, it's time to think about taking down the shingle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That review really makes me want to see "Lady In The Water." How can it be that bad? Joseph Campbell should throw lotuses at it? Wow. I love bad movies.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home